Again with the New York thing? Yep.
On our second trip to Gotham:-
- We stayed at the über trendy YOTEL;
- Enjoyed fabulous burgers with fabulous beer (Brooklyn Ale, ShackMeister Ale and McSorley’s Pale Ale);
- Saw the sights we didn’t last time (Ground Zero, Top of the Rock, Greenwich Village, a daytime Empire State Building, Brooklyn Bridge);
- We walked the High Line;
- We shopped like a pack of wolves;
- I indulged my half-marathon training schedule with two runs over Central Park;
- Joe had a skateboard lesson;
- Eve got a new hair do;
- Eve and Mrs K went ice skating in Central Park;
- We did all of the above under cloudless skies;
- We saw Orlando Bloom and David Byrne (not at the same time);
- I gasped at the Batmobile waiting at traffic lights;
- Joe and I went to the Paul Pope exhibition at MOCCA;
- We got arty at MOMA;
- Heard “LOVE your accents” twice;
- And had our last meal at Carnegie Diner (our favourite).
Pictures on Flickr, and Facebook if you’d like to see the full gory details.
Last week, Team K visited the Big Apple. If ever there was a city designed for my family, it’s New York City – it allowed us to do everything in our usual breakneck speed only over there it felt right. Apart from all the grief I got everyday from wearing my Boston Red Socks hat (imagine wearing a Man City scarf in the wrong part of Manchester right now) we were swamped with all the love that could pour out of the big red heart of the I ♥ NY logo. In just four short days we zipped around, bouncing off shops, restaurants, museums and usual tourist sites.
Highlights included (deep breath):-
Dylan’s Candy Bar, Forbidden Planet and Midtown Comics (below), Old Navy (of course), Carnegie Deli, Shake Shack, the Guggenheim, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Natural History Museum, the Will Eisner exhibition at MoCCA, an electrical storm on top of the Empire State Building (above), the Apple Store on 5th Avenue (and in SoHo), finding a location used in the Will Ferrell movie ‘The Other Guys’ and seeing her ladyship the Statue of Liberty.
I’ve put some pics up on Flickr and some on Facebook, but I must warn you, they contain graphic scenes of gluttony, tall buildings and close ups of my stomach.